Here is the price performance (ranked best to worst) of broad market ETFs (exchange traded funds) for the fist half of 2017.
- Emerging Markets (EEM): 18.21%
- Nasdaq (QQQ): 16.17%
- International (EFA): 12.93%
- All Country World Index (ACWI): 10.68%
- S&P 500 (SPY): 8.16%
- Dow (DIA): 7.96%
- Gold (GLD): 7.67%
- Emerging Market Bonds (EMB): 3.75%
- High Yield Bonds (HYG): 2.12%
- Commodities (DBC): -8.78%
All but four of the 30 major indexes representing the world’s biggest stock markets by value have risen this year, a first-half performance unmatched since 2009, according to The Wall Street Journal.